Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Review: BIODERMA Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution




What Bioderma say about their sensibio micelle solution?
* specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins
* gently cleanses face and eyes
* it removes water-resistant make-up
* contain effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH)

* soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing
* guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (tested under ophthalmological supervision)

My experience:
Firstly, I can agree to most of what they say but there are also things that I can't agree with. We all know that we have different skin and different needs and that some products will work for someone and others will not. I do have sensitive skin that can breakout very easly. In winter time it is prone to dryness while in summer time it is normal with just a little bit oily forehead and nose. I use this micellar solution for about month now and I am coming to the end of this bottle. I bought it in quantity of 250 mL. It can be found also in quantity of 100 mL and 500 mL. 




What I noticed first was smell. I know that a lot of people say that it doesn't have smell but I did smell it. It reminded me of smell of metal, of iron. Very unpleasant and strange smell. It was actually really noticeable and it really bothered me. After two and a half weeks I didn't smell it any more and I was so happy. Maybe I just got used to it and didn't notice it anymore or it just evaporated.



The CAP is holding really good so it is safe for traveling!

Then, I payed attention how it cleanses the skin. I must agree that it cleansed foundation, concealer and every other product on my face amazingly. It is very gentle on the skin, cleanses excellent and, what I loooove the most is that it leaves very pleasant feeling of fresh and clean face. I felt like everything on my face was gone and I didn't even have a need to wash it with lukewarm water as I always do. I must say that I had a little breakout first two days of using it but then it got normal. What I didn't like is that I needed more solution on cotton pad than I would normally use to remove full coverage make up.

I also payed attention how it cleanses the eye makeup. And here I was so disappointed. I usually never have any reaction what so ever on my eyes but with this one...it was terrible. If I cleansed my eyes just two days in a row at night with this solution it started to be so red under my eyes, so itchy and prickled me a lot. I just couldn't use it the third night. Then, I don't think it removed mascara that great and I don't even use waterproof formula. If you want to remove it quickly this is not for you because you actually need to hold cotton pad with solution on your eyes to melt it and then use more product to remove it completely. Sometimes I don't have time for holding it on or I just want to remove it quickly. Also it irritated my under eye area more and more with every second while holding it on.

Pros:
+amazing fresh and clean feeling on the face
+price for quantity you get
+cap is safe for traveling

Cons:
-smell (until it disappears)
-very bad reaction with my eyes
-removing mascara? not so great
-removing full coverage make up? not so great
-because of two things mentioned above I need more product than I would normally use

All in all: 
I have a "love and hate" relationship with this solution. I love it so much for leaving that fresh and clean feeling on my face but I don't like that bad reaction on my eyes and smell (until it gone after 2,5 weeks). And I don't even know why my bottle had that smell while a lot of people say it doesn't smell (?).

Also, I love the price for that quantity comparing to some other products like this. But I don't like that I need more product than usual. I am not sure that I can recommend this solution to those of you who have really sensitive skin, especially under eye area, because reaction with my eyes was bad and I don't usually have any reactions.


Price and more information:
For 250 mL I payed 80 HRK.
More information you can find on their website: Bioderma Sensibio


List of INGREDIENTS:



* * * 



You can follow me on twitter, gplus, pinterest or GFC. Also, if you have any questions just send me an e-mail :)