Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Review: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (by Samantha Chapman)






What they say? 
Ultra firm and broad for application and blending of cream or liquid foundation: 
- look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
- ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free 
- self-standing for easy storage 
- extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use






I read a lot of great reviews about this brush so I decided to buy it. I needed a new and good brush for liquid foundation. I saw that it is compared to Sigma F82, so I thought why will I spend a lot of money for Sigma brush if I can buy Expert Face brush for less.


Packaging:







My opinion:
Well, I don't like this brush for applying liquid foundation. It works much much better with cream and heavier foundations and concealers. I feel that this brush puts liquid foundation onto the face. I feel like foundation is standing there and I need another brush to buff it into the face (or wait more than usual for foundation to set). Good thing is that it doesn't leave lines like usual foundation brushes (like this).

If I use this brush with tapping motion not buffing, it does a very good job. But I need a lot of time to cover the whole face with tapping motion so I use this brush to tap in concealer under my eyes and cheeks and it does it great!

I also use it for contouring. I found that it does a really nice job. Also, I use it for setting foundation under my eyes and cheeks and applying cream blushes.


Bristles:





Bristles are very soft and dense, and they don't soak in liquid foundation or any other product. So, it's easy to wash it because there are no leftovers on the bristles. I washed it a few times by now and none of the bristles fell off. The brush has a very good quality

Pros:
+price
+really soft bristles
+self-standing
+handle
+design
+for contouring
+for setting foundation 
+for cream blushes 
+quality 

Cons:
-puts liquid foundation onto the face, not buff it in
(need tapping motion to apply liquid foundation;
much better with cream / heavier foundation and concealer) 


All in all:
I do recommend this brush. It is a very good brush with a very good value. Bristles are very soft but still dense and firm. It does great job in contouring, setting foundation, applying cream blushes - multifunctional. So it is up to you if you want to try it or not  :)


Price:
On their web site it is 9$. And on iHerb it is 8,99$. You must calculate shipping cost depending on your location.

More information about their line of brushes you can find on Real Techniques site. Also, Samantha Chapman and her sister have youtube channel pixiwoo where you can find a lot of different looks, you can see how they use their brushes, etc.

* * *

You can follow me on twitter, gplus, pinterest or GFC. Also, if you have any questions just send me an e-mail :)